Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thoughts of a weak and feeble woman


Boy, that earth is tough up on my allotment! I do this all the time but I'm also unable to bend it back again so I've had to bring it home for J to do. This sort of thing makes me feel a bit puny and useless (not a good feeling) so I've gone all pathetic now, with a list of "things I haven't been able to do without the assistance of a big, strong man" running uncomfortably through my brain. Some of them are understandable, I could never get the battery out of my old 2CV when it needed charging every weekend (too heavy): only last week I spent all of one afternoon with my arm down a drain painstakingly unblocking it, except for the last little bit (arm too short) and even when I was at school, donkeys years ago, I remember having to wake my parents up to get the lid off the Marmite so that I could have breakfast (general puniness) The list goes on.....

Happy gardening (if you're big and strong enough)

No comments: