Friday, May 9, 2008

Windchimes


Here is an entirely gratuitous picture of my wind chimes hanging in the apple tree. It was windy, so they were moving and have a bit of a blur to them, it's not your eyesight.

When I go to the allotment, one of the first things I do after I've offloaded my rucksack is to get out the three hanging things I keep in the shed. There's a long string of red suns and moons, a clear glass icicle and this pretty blue wind chime. I don't think I've got enough hanging decorations yet so I expect some more will find their way into my collection. I did have the idea of making some stained glass ones, but so far, they haven't made it up to the allotment, although there's one in the garden at home.

They give me pleasure just because they're pretty. I think it's very much a female thing though, I don't suppose J even notices them!

Happy girly gardening!

3 comments:

Calculus said...

Well that sounds much more 'new age' than 'vegetable provider'! :*)

Nicky said...

I suppose it did a bit. It must be the aging hippie in me.

Melanie Rimmer said...

I like wind chimes too, although I'm not girlie. So I'm voting for the "aging hippie" option instead.