Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Lazy gardener



Several seasons in one day today. There was a proper autumn mist this morning as J and the boys set off for work and school. It had all gone by the time I'd fried my brain with too many hours of computer use and decided I needed some fresh air. By then it was summer again and I had to take off all the extra layers I'd been wearing!

I did a bit of idle picking (some runner beans, more courgettes and artichokes) but mostly I just wandered around admiring other people's plots and then sat in the sun with my eyes shut. I'm a bit tired today so I decided not to start on digging the top bed, my next job. The ground is still very soggy after the recent rain so I didn't do anything about planting the daffodils under the old tree either. I took some photos of the burnt tree, mostly dead, but the branches stood out in a really interesting pattern against the blue sky. An artistic one I think! The other one's a mistake - it was supposed to be a butternut squash plant but I pasted the wrong one in. Silly me. Now I can't make it go away! I think you'll have to put up with it because it's time for me to go and start on dinner, feed the cat and generally turn into superwoman for the next hour or two. You know the sort of thing.
In fact I'm getting filthy looks from the cat right now!
Happy cat feeding.

No comments: