Monday, July 5, 2010

Watering

Since I last wrote, I've demolished another seat! The sun lounger in the garden gave way under me last weekend. I really don't know why they should be so easily dismantled by someone of my build! Honest!

On another note entirely, Bristol, and probably most of England, has been a rain-free zone for weeks, so a considerable chunk of my evenings has been taken up with watering. To do the whole allotment takes anything up to two hours and when everybody's up there using the same water troughs, the level gets very low and the refill rate is slow. I also have to water my little garden every day too, nearly all the plants are in pots so they dry out by the end of the day and can't be left. And as for the peppers and aubergines on the kitchen windowsill....so, there's been no time for blogging because I'm too busy watering.

The strange thing is, the plants I'm carefully tending and watering don't look anywhere near as robust and healthy as these great banks of daisies. I've got them all over the place but particularly bordering the bed with the fruit trees. They started with a small plant, begged from a neighbour and they are now completely rampant. And I don't water them, ever!

Happy gardening. Enjoy the hard work, it's good for you!.

2 comments:

freerangegirl said...

The daisies are beautiful arent they? - I wish I could get them to grow in my lawn without the rest of the weeds. Love your blog and what your doing, your plot looks so good.

Nicky said...

You wouldn't want these guys in your lawn - they're 3 feet high!

Thanks for the comment. One day, when I get really organised (!) I'm going to put links in to all the bloggers who look at GreenMagic. I hope you're ok with that?

Best wishes
Nicky