Thursday, March 11, 2010

Froggy business

Yay! Spawn!

Usually the frogs are active before now but it has been really, really cold so I'm not surprised. I'm very glad we've got some though - I always suffer from spawn envy if other ponds have some and we don't. That makes me sound weird, doesn't it?

I'm on holiday this week. I was on holiday last week too but J and I were away in the van, camping (brr) in Devon. Anyway, it means today I've had a bit of time to dig out the decent compost from one of the bins and spread it on the beds where I'm going to put the potatoes. I've got Charlottes and Maris Pipers, same as last year for the obvious reason that these are the varieties thar we prefer to eat. The onions can go in any day now too. Whew, it really feels like the long, hard winter is nearly over.

Happy gardening (and welcome spring)

3 comments:

Calculus said...

It's pawn!

Anonymous said...

you've got male... heh heh heh.
heh

Nicky said...

Groan!